Wednesday 9 May 2012

If I only get 5 minutes a week, I’ll take it

Does it seem that there is not that many times during the week now that we get just a few minutes to sit back, relax and reflect on our lives? Whatever our lives might be.

For me I’m a mum of 2 and a wife. I’m currently on a year’s maternity leave (that only has 6 months left mind you)…and that’s my life! That’s what I want to sit back and reflect on.

But usually it’s more about the washing, the cleaning, the crying baby, the big sister who doesn’t like her little brother, its hubby not having enough time with me or enough time for himself..And so on and so on.

I try not to get down about any of those things and just get on with it. Usually a glass of wine at the finish line always helps too.

But something strange happened yesterday. I had just got back from taking the kids for a walk and thought it wasn’t too cold to sit outside for awhile. I thought a fire would be nice. We have a great little fire pit and my daughter just loves when we light it up. So with a little help from hubby we got this thing alight.

So there I was sitting back by the roaring fire, relaxed (glass of red in hand) and just watching my little family - reflecting.

Silence came over me.

I was thinking how wonderful and intelligent my kids are.

How great my husband is.

And that I was happy.

This was the first time in a long time that I have been able to do this. It made me a little sad, but life is busy, I’m busy and maybe we just have to take these moments when we can. And for me I’ll take it!

Because sure enough just when I realized I was having this moment I was told I missed the somersault on the trampoline which caused an outburst of tears. And that was it – it was over! 





No comments:

Post a Comment