Tuesday 7 January 2014

I'm in LOVE!


I have been bitten by the Paella bug.

It started a few months ago when I had a really bad one at a work function. We all said how sad it was to receive such a terrible dish seeing it’s usually so amazing.

Then at my work Christmas party I had another, and it was AMAZING!

Seeing my family love rice I thought it might be worth trying to get this one under my belt and break it out for special occasions.

So my first go was at our Boxing Day catch up with my family back in Adelaide. I’m not sure why I thought it was a good idea to make a dish I had never made before on this day when I had to cater to around 20 people. But I did and it was really good.

The next time was when we returned home to Melbourne and had the in laws here. Again it was seriously good. I love love love seafood and this just ticks so many boxes for me. I think you could do just about any combination and it would come up pretty tasty.

The recipe I used was off the SBS website (Paella) but I used chorizo, prawns, squid, mussels and baby octopus in the one below. I added the chorizo the same time as the onions and then all the other seafood when the recipe says to do so.


What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment