Monday 21 May 2012

Why can’t I get paid to be a stay at home mum?


I have decided that I’m loving this staying at home mum thing!

I love being able to spend quality time with my baby.

I love being able to drop off & pick up my daughter from school every day.

I love being able to cook during the day and come up with new and exciting meals for the family.

And I love that weekends are actually enjoyed and not a mad rush to only get ready for the next working week ahead.

I honestly don’t know how I’m going to get it all done when I go back to work.

I was talking to a friend about this the other day and we both can’t even understand how we have been doing the jobs we were doing in the first place. Now our work seems very empty and very much something we don’t even like doing.

We also talked about how if we could do our dream job what would it be.

Mine was catering.

Only problem is we need to make mortgage repayments and I have 2 children that need to have school & childcare fee’s paid for. But it was nice to sit and talk about our dreams and what we would love to be really doing.

 It did make me a little bit sad that the one thing women are expected to do is bear children but you’re not aloud to stay home and raise them and actually be paid a wage for that.

But I also like to give my kids all the things I never had as a child. And that cost’s money!

So back to full time work I will go.

Anyways....
The weather in Melbourne is defiantly changing to that bitter cold that hits your bones and makes you want to cry. And even as cold as it is, my daughter still insists on having a cold dessert after dinner. I can’t think of anything worse. 

I don’t really like the idea of filling her full of sugar either just before bed time. So I remembered that not that long ago we were watching one of my favourite cooks – Janella Purcell and she had some great kids desserts that were more natural and a lot less sugar.

This one is an adaptation of one she did. You can use a range of flavors for this; I used Akta Vite as it has some good things in it as well as tasting very chocolaty. I’m sure some Cocoa Powder mixed down with a little water would do the same.

These are a winner in my house. My daughter does love Rice & Soy milk though, not sure about all kids?

Rice/Soy  Milk Choc Pops

250mls of Rice Milk or Soy
1-2Tbs of Akta Vite
A tray of plastic ice block makers (I picked mine up from the $2 shop)
  
Pour milk into a bowl and add your Akta Vite and stir well. Then just pour into your moulds.
Of course there was one lid missing!
Freeze overnight and your all ready. 

If you have any trouble getting them out just run the mould under some hot water, they will pop out in a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment