Wednesday 2 January 2013

The aftermath of a road trip.

It's strange over here at my place cos we just got back from our trip home to Adelaide and it feels like the holidays should be over.

But oh how they are not!!!

Another 4 weeks to go people.

I go back to work on Monday which means Daughter E is off to School Holiday Program and Baby O back off to child care.

I was looking through the school holiday program and they have so many cool things planned. The first day they are off to a swim center for the day! Wish I was going.

Anyway I digress - today my house looks like a junk yard. 

There are still unpacked suitcases in the hallway.

Washing machine is on 24/7 and I have not stopped doing dishes for the last 3 days.

God 4 of us all home makes a real mess.

I finally got the floors done today between Baby O's nap and ushering Daughter E into her room for about an hour.

The outdoor Christmas lights and decorations finally came down too.

So busy day today...and now I have to start thinking about dinner.

I did manage to bake a cake in all the choirs today too. I got to use one of my Christmas presents which I just love to bits!

It's a fluro lemon/lime colour cake stand! Sweet isn't she!?

Raspberry Cake
1 1/2C SR Flour - sifted (I use Wholemeal flour)
3/4C Sugar ( I use Raw)
2 Eggs
125g Butter - softened
1TSP Vanilla extract
1/2C Milk
2C Frozen Raspberries

Pre heat the oven to 160C.
In a bowl add all the ingredients except the Raspberries. Mix together with electric mixer until all the mix comes together - about 1 minute. Now fold in your Raspberries.
Pour batter into a greased cake tin then cook for about 25 - 30 minutes - but just keep checking it. Mine only took about 25min.
Once cooked serve with some cream or ice cream.
My awesome cake stand and cake!
Now I only had a handful of Raspberries left, that's why it looks a bit sad on that front.
Emelia took this and wanted it on my blog...cute hey!




No comments:

Post a Comment