Tuesday 1 January 2013

Christmas & New Year done for another year.

We have just returned from out trip home to Adelaide for Christmas.

Boy did it go quick! 

We were only there 9 days this time as Hubby had to come back to Melbourne for work this week. But it was great being home even if only for a few days.

I don't have many photo's as I was so busy with family & friends. But I think that is a good thing!

We just went with the flow and enjoyed our wonderful everyone's company.

We had my son's FIRST birthday (it was a scorcher 40C) in a park.

We had many days at the beach just swimming, relaxing and building sand castles.

We had lots of amazing food and of course I consumed a fair bit of wine!

We had a girls only day at Ovo.

We even had a husband & wife lunch in the city.

I had a fantastic lunch with my besties down the beach.

And spend some quality time with my sister and her family...and their new puppy - Bella!

Also during the trip Baby O started walking, like proper walking...crazy!!

It was a great trip home and I cant wait to go back...soon.
Hubby already asleep...about an hour into the trip.
Awesome house we found on the way over

Nice cuddle with mum.               
The new addition to my sister's family. Bella!
Christmas morning..they are not ALL my kids presents.

Some Light Saber Action!!!
Baby O getting in on the action too.
Lunch with Hubby at my old work and best place for Pizza in Adelaide - Scoozi Rundle St


Good old Rundle Street
Franks - still a great place for a cheap cut guys!
Uncle Dave helping Emelia with her Lego
Happy families. Emelia with Aunty Rox & uncle Dave
OVO = AMAZING!!!!
Playground at Nhill on the way home.
 
So last night being New Years Eve we had a real quiet one. I cooked us a nice light dinner, had a few drinks and ventured out to see the early fireworks.

We then watched Rocky Horror Picture Show on TV and crashed out before midnight!

A very Happy New Year indeed.

So the dish I made last night was actually made for us on Christmas Day by my mother in law. It is from the Donna Hay cookbook - Fast, Fresh, Simple. Which I just so happen to have.

It is a Field Mushroom Galette and it is simply divine! Below is the recipe but you could swap up the ingredients to whatever you had in the fridge I think!

Field Mushroom Galette
1 Sheet of Shortcrust Pastry - defrosted
30g Butter
1 Clove Garlic - crushed
6-8 Field Mushrooms (I used 6 and it was heaps)
2TSp Lemon Thyme
1C Ricotta
1TBSP Lemon Zest
1/2 Leek (I used 3 of my baby leeks) - Finely sliced
2TSP Olive Oil
S&P

First pre heat the oven to 200C.
Then in a hot pan put in the butter and garlic. Cook for about 30 seconds then add in the mushrooms, cook for about 3 minutes of till the mushrooms are golden brown. Take off the heat and add in the S&P and Thyme. Set aside and let the mix cool.
Cut your pastry into a circle (I just rounded off the corners) then spread the ricotta on the base but leave about a 5cm boarder. Add the lemon zest to the top of the ricotta then put on the cooled mushrooms. 
Then fold the 5cm pastry boarder into the middle of the galette, all rustic like.
Finally toss the leeks in the olive oil and sprinkle on top. And that's it!
Pop in the oven for about 20min and try not to burn your mouth when you want to dive straight into it.

Mushroom Galette
Soda with Lemon and Vietnamese Mint. So refreshing!
















No comments:

Post a Comment