Monday 25 June 2012

Feeling like Super Mum today!

So off I trotted to the fundraising meeting at the school this morning. We are trying some different idea's to last year to raise a heap of cash for the outdoor area.

Just an FYI...out school has no grass. Or I should say had no grass till about 4 weeks ago. The outdoor area is under mass reno's. And it is looking amazing.

My daughter started prep this year so we are one of those families that are going to get years of benefit out of the new areas. I do feel sorry for the families who have rallied for years to try and get it changed only to enjoy it for one last year!

Anyways....I was up baking at 9.00am and really felt like a super mum walking into the school with freshly baked goods.

It also made me feel ultra cool that all these little kids walked up to me saying "you're Emelia's mum aren't you?"

Yes I am!!

So my muffins were a hit with the other mums/teachers which made me feel pretty super mumish also.

I like cakes, muffins and slices but I don't like the overload of sugar. So whenever I get a recipe I ALWAYS trial a batch with half the sugar the recipe recommends. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

This one works a treat! I also always use wholemeal flour and raw sugar, I personally think it makes these amazing little muffins.

Hope you enjoy.

Carrot & Pepita's Muffins

2C of grated Carrot
1 1/2 C of Self Raising Flour (sifted)
1/2C Oil (I use Rice Bran)
3 Eggs
1/4C Pepita's (I think they are a type of pumpkin seeds you can omit and use walnuts)
1/2C Raw Sugar
1Tsp Cinnamon

Best part of this recipe is chuck it all in a bowl and mix and your done!
Put in Muffin Tin and the chuck in a 180 oven for 20 - 25min. Just like a cake if they spring back they are done.

I sometimes grate in a heap of ginger too. YUMMO!

No comments:

Post a Comment